1. Would you say that you’re good at keeping in touch with people?
Sometimes, but I usually end up waiting for people to call me instead of me calling them, and when they don’t, then I get upset, especially if the person is female.
2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why?
I prefer to get phone calls or meet in person, IM second, email then blog comments.
3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it?
I have AIM, MSN, and now Yahoo. I use it all day long at work, in fact we use it to communicate with each other at work more than our phones.
4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away?
It is mixed now, a good amount of them moved far away but there is still an OK amount here, however quite a few are married now and some have kids and I never really hear from them much at all.
5. Are you an “out of sight, out of mind” person, or do you believe that “distance makes the heart grow fonder”?
That totally depends on the person, though never totally will any friend be out of mind. I had this one friend, named Aubrey Aragon, and we were very close, she moved away and not a day goes by that I dont’ think about her, I had really hoped that she and I would get together someday. Apparently she has become the “out of sight out of mind” variety now as we used to keep in touch via email and sometimes by phone, but my last 3 emails went unanswered and I have not heard from her in over a year now. I do not know her phone number or address since she moved, all I know is she lives in CO. I don’t know why she stopped talking to me and it really bothers me that she did as she was pretty much my favorite person on Earth. I wish I could know why she decided all of a sudden to end all communication. In the case of her, absense made my heart grow fonder, but it was always very fond of her to begin with.